Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Moving on.......

Colton moved out today. He went to stay with his grandparents until he gets a date to go to Basic Training for the Air Force. I am sad to not have him around. I know in my head that he needs to get out into the world, make his own way and grow up. It is my heart that really does not want to let go.

It is a strong attachment that I have for my first born. With his birth, I became a woman, an adult, a parent and scared out of my mind. From the moment they put him in my arms, I couldn't imagine my life without him. He became everything to me, my air, my happiness. I knew in an instant that I would do anything for him, that I loved him fiercely.

In what seems a blink of an eye, he is gone. He has grown tall and strong. He has a good heart. I admire that he wants to obtain something more that what our small town has to offer. He is brave and I know that he will have a great life.

I wish him success in everything he does. I pray that he will be safe. I hope that he knows I love him and I am only a phone call away.

Colton, I will miss and love you everyday!

1 comment:

Denise said...

You made me cry! You are brave too.

Love Denise