Monday, July 06, 2009

Summer is finally here! I am glad because I was getting tired of whining because I am cold - now I can whine because I am hot! LOL

I have been busier than usual. My mom decided to get pneumonia and get checked into the hospital for 9 days! Then Ms. Juliana decided to get viral pneumonia and go to the hospital for 8 days! All the while, I have to work, garden, keep Kelly and Ian in line and be the YW president! It is a good thing I am not allowed to drink, because I would have a serious problem!

Ian finished his freshman year of high school! It was a BIG struggle and it was very painful, but it is done and he has a GPA of 2.67. Pretty good for a kid who left Lassen High with all F's! He is now standing 6' 1" and wears a size 13 shoe! Very tall with a firm foundation! He is turning out to be a great kid - I only have some minor tweaking to do and then he will almost be presentable to society, LOL.

Colton is doing well in the Air Force. Money is not his friend. He struggles with not spending all of it and then some. I have been working with him everyday and he is improving. He is serving on the Honor Guard. He didn't like it at first but now is enjoying seeing the east coast. We took him a car in May. He is only 17 and cannot get credit on his own, so we bought a Honda Civic for him and drove it to S. Carolina! I was worried that the trip would make or break my relationship with Kelly, but it only made it stronger. We had a wonderful time and getting to see the base and where Colton is living was great too! We are hoping to find out soon if Colton is a parent. This process is long and painful.

Kelly built a chicken coop in the back yard and we now have 6 chickens. I have no idea what we are thinking, but it must be crazy thoughts! Hopefully the neighbors will not complain and it will all be for nothing. The garden at the church is growing great. I am going to the garden in the early mornings now, I cannot seem to get there after work. By then my day is totally out of control. Work is slow but good, I am hoping that the real estate market turns around and we can get busy again. Kelly is never in need of a turn around, people are always dying!

All my girls are at Girls Camp this week, so I don't have to plan an activity for Wednesday. That is a nice break! I think that Charlotte and Denise are planning a fruit processing party, so I won't be bored! :o)

No comments: