Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The trip was...........


Awesome and sad all at the same time. It was WONDERFUL to see Colton and horribe to have to leave him in Texas! There were a few times when we were all in the car and he had fallen asleep, that I thought that I could just keep driving and keep him with me a little while longer.

He has changed a lot and he is still them same. I cannot believe how much weight that he lost, he is a skinny minny! :o) He loves the Air Force and is taking his job very seriously. On Thursday they have the Airmans Run. They have all the Flights that are graduating run by while all the frineds and family that came to graduation cheer them on! There were 16 flights graduating! After the run, we attended a Parent, Spouse Orientation and got a lot of great information. After that there was an Orientation Briefing for the graduation weekend. Then the Coin Ceremony. This is a ceremony were they give all the graduated an Airmans Coin, the can now call themselves Airman instead of Trainees. It was a really nice ceremony, after we FINALLY got to hug Colton! It was so great to hold him again. We were able to spend the rest of the day with him on base. The first thing he wanted to do was eat at Burger King! Then we checked out the base and did some souvenier shopping.


Friday morning we got up early to be at the base by 7:30am and we still didn't get very good seats!! The graduation was very impressive. After we got to visit the Dorm where Colton stayed. He can make his bed, fold his laundry and keep his things so neat! My hat is off to his TI!!!! :o) After the open house we went back to the hotel - we were all tired. Colton made a bunch of phone calls to his friends.


Saturday we went into Downtown San Antonio. I am not a fan. We saw the Alamo - that part was really nice. I only wished there were not so many people, we did not get to see it all. But, I thought that the town intself was dirty and cramped. We ate lunch at the hard Rock Cafe and walked a little on the River Walk. We didn't get to see Colton on Sunday so we got up late and checked out of the motel around noon. Ate lunch at the Texas Roadhouse (which was pretty good), turned in the Rental Car and hung out at the airport.


It has been rough readjusting to the time change! It was really easy to go eat - but coming back west has not bee pretty. I am finally starting to feel like myself again.


We took Ian out of the High School this week and put him into Charter School. He just seemd to be getting lost in the system and failing his classes. This way we can keep a really close eye on him and he won't be distracted by everyone. He is such a great kid. I will do whatever it takes to give him a shot at success.


We bought a table and chairs from a friend, I guess this means I get to rearrange and paint! :o) I am sure that I drive Kelly insane will all the re-arranging and painting that I do. He is such a good sport about it all. I am a lucky girl to have found such a patient husband!


Today is Valentines day and we agreed that we were not going to do anything, but we both caved an bought each other cards! Ian even bought me a huge Peanut Butter Cup Heart! It was nice! I think that I am going to fix Kelly a steak for dinner tonight, I feel bad that I don't let him eat beef very much anymore! Well.........not that bad!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you had a great time visiting Colton! You have wonderful boys and I'm happy to hear that you've had a great day today, too! Ian is going to do great in Charter School. He's going to be a lot happier, I think! We need to get together and go pick out paint and colors for our walls!

Katie said...

So glad you had a nice visit with you son.
I love your blog.