Sunday, May 17, 2009

Has it really been 3 months since I posted?

I cannot believe what a slacker I have become. I was just reading Denise Ramsey's blog and I guess she is watching my blog because there was a little post that said 3 months ago!!!! WOW.

We are currently at Shaw Air Force Base in Sumter, South Carolina. Kelly and I drove a 2004 Honda Civic out to Colton. We tried to buy him a car here but that proved nearly impossible. They wanted us to register the car we wanted to buy in CA. That would have meant we would have to drive the car to CA to have a smog test done because CA won't accept another states smog test! Needless to say, we did not go for that. Kelly went down to Susanville Ford and found perfect car for him. So, we bought it and drove it out. When Colton turns 18, we will help him refinance it into his name.

Colton looks REALLY good. He is putting on weight and looking like himself again. After BASIC it looked like they never fed him there. He is loving being on his own, said he liked that we are able to visit him here at his house (his dorm room)! His room is nice. Kelly is jealous, because when he was in the Army he never got a room to himself, not until he was an E5. Colton has a nice closet, tv armoir, refrigerator, dresser, 2 side tables, and a loft bed. He has to share a bathroom with 1 person, but he has a sink in his room. It is actually really nice. He was asked to be on the Honor Guard for 1 year. I am not sure how he feels about it, but I think he is worried that he will not be able to know his job.

Yesterday was Kelly's 50TH birthday! I cannot believe that I married such an old man! LOL We had a great day and Colton took him out to Dinner. We are planning on going to Columbia today, but I might try to convince everyone to go to Myrtle Beach. It is only and hour away!!! ;o)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! So glad that your trip went well, that Colton is doing well, and that Kelly is...well, OLD! LOL Just teasing, Kelly-we'll be there in what, 13 years ;)

Sometimes, I wish I had my own apartment! hahaha

Colton's got his whole future ahead of him. I am just sooo happy for him and all that he is accomplishing. What a great choice he made to serve his country. What a proud mom he has!

Glad you're blogging again!

Danielle said...

it is ok I am a blog slacker too LOL

tell Kelly "happy birthday old man" from us