Sunday, December 07, 2008

Air Force


Well, finally Colton is getting to go to Basic Training! I am happy for him and sad for me. What a rollercoaster we have been on for the last year. Colton has finally cleaned up his act and is back to his REAL self - I am glad that he is back but now I want more time with him!

I have been crying off and on since we found out on Thursday! I even think Ian has shed a few tears. We are leaving tomorrow at 2pm to drive Colton to the recruiters office in Reno. From there, the recruiter takes him to the airport and he flies to Boise, ID where he processes through MEPS and on Tuesday he will fly to San Antonio,TX for BMT. (The military uses A LOT of acronyms!) We are on to the next chapter in our lives, I hope that Heavenly Father is ready to carry me for awhile, I think I am going to need it!

Good news is that he will graduate the first week in February and I am going to be there!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog, and I think you're a great mom. Your boys (and Kelly) are lucky to have you! I'm glad that you're my friend, Bekki!